Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Arrival.

Hey blog world! I'm officially here and I couldn't be happier. I promised the first encounter between us would be the first day of September, and since I only have 4.5 hours left I will keep this short and sweet!

I feel like I may owe a tiny explanation about my self-proclaimed titles. I actually am one who hates titles, but in order to separate myself from my peers - on paper anyways - I needed to be recognized as something more than a event & wedding planner. When you add the suffix "-ista" to a word it denotes one who follows a principle or one who is adept: fully skilled or well versed in something; Hence, EVENTista. I also like to refer to myself as a party stylist. This allows fully trained and schooled event designers, interior decorators, and fashion stylists to own and brag about their hard-earned degrees while I fall somewhere in the middle of that triangle - only possessing innate qualities from each profession.

I want to thank my parents for appropriately (and conveniently for my creativity/alliteration purposes) bestowing me with a name that begins with the letter 'E'.  All of the major adjectives that represent me can be grouped in the 'E' category: Entrepreneuress, Edgy, Elegant, Eclectic, Eccentric, Effervescent, and Exotic.

I want you to know that I toyed with the idea of writing something as formal as this entry has been and decided that it was necessary BUT only this once. I do like to use fun words (that I can back up with a definition) but the tellings of my adventures will be more lax. Bible that!

Before I sign off and begin the move into my new apartment over the next 4 days I will leave you with this:

I love the life that I was born into and given, but I love even more what I've been able to create for myself. I want you to be a part of my Jane Layne Events events, my brain babies that are just waiting patiently to be used, my obsessive compulsive home organizational skills, my tips for being a hip and haute hostess, my interior decorating skills, the methods and madness of being a chic CEO, & my adoration for fashion and how it influences my existence.

Looking forward to this journey.
Celebrate Responsibly, Xo

PS - If you aren't bored yet, click on my photo to learn 25 random and kind of cool facts about me.