Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fashion + Fete: Madonna

I have longed for Super Sunday for the past four months for three reason: amazing eats, hysterical commercials, and the halftime show! If the Super Bowl were on a Monday I have no doubt it would be a national holiday! The NFL is genius for blending sports with music with emotion because they engage all audiences throughout the nation ... actually, the world; It get's everyone hyped.

See, even if you don't enjoy watching football the whole event that is The Super Bowl is so magical. As a planner, I shake thinking about the logistics of putting on a major production (aka concert) in 30 minutes or less -  and they always do it effortlessly. So, unless you live under a rock you know that Miss Madonna is this year's halftime performer. HUGE!!

What I admire so much about Madge (yea, I guess we are on a nickname basis) is that she is always re-inventing herself in order to stay current; Yet she stays SO true to the unique qualities that make her, her. It's always my goal to portray that sense of individuality and in-the-knowness when I conceptualize an event.

My imagination is running wild with ideas for a sleek & chic watch party for the Big Game. The  vibe was inspired by Madonna's new album cover.



Mirror, Mirror: Reflective surfaces enhance light and reflection in a subtle way, especially when used on a horizontal flat surface. Serve up cocktails on a glamorous tray, or serve your game day grub on sophisticated chargers.




The Queen of Pop: To offset the mirrored accessories,  I would totally use bright neon colors throughout the space. I'm not talking sensory overload or anything, just tasteful touches.





How fab is the dipped flatware?!

Material Girl: Another way to counterbalance the metallic shine from the mirrors is to add textures and patterns. When I select fabrics I tend to be over-the-top, but feel free to keep it simple too. Use fabrics on the table or as backdrops for your buffet table.

{Ikat table runner}




Although this is ridiculously caloric, I had to include this creative gourmet snack because it blends fashion, food, AND football.


If you appreciate my tastes but want to have a more traditional Super Bowl Bash, I approve of this party set-up because presentation is everything!

Celebrate responsibly!