Sunday, February 12, 2012

Haute Holiday: Grammy Sunday!

Tonight is my favorite award show of the season! Don't get me wrong, I love the Oscar's, Emmy's, and Golden Globes too but I tune in to those strictly for the fashion. When I watch a show I expect A SHOW! Granted, the costumes tonight are going to be phenom; but the performances alone are reason to tune in, not to mention honoring the best in the biz.

Minus the invites and decor, tonight's get-together it's all about the refreshments - both liquid and edible. The entertainment is built-in and as long as you have a great guest list you are set.

Invites: I know it's too late to pull these off, but how brilliant are the cassette tape invites?!
Custom lanyards are also cool.

If you are going to be uber-formal and have a plated dinner use old records as chargers. La-la LOVE this look.

Grammy Grub: Use Grammy (ahem, Graham) Crackers as your constant ingredient:







For the liquid libations ... 



The Eventista's Edivce: get prepping! Showtime is at 8PM, red carpet an hour earlier. You can totally pull this off last minute, as long as you can drag yourself out of bed on lazy-Sunday! Xo