Thursday, February 2, 2012

JL Confidential: Game Plan

September arrives and the greater population of our country switches on their blinders and only see one thing: end zones & field goals. Ok, that was two “things” but you know what I mean – FOOTBALL – and when you think football you think tailgates … and oh, do I know a thing or two about a tailgate. Being a Penn State student you are trained to tailgate (the Freshman dorms over look the tailgate parking field). Now we are gearing up for the ultimate tailgate - SUPER SUNDAY!



As I grew out of my college football-watching self and transitioned into the hip, haute hostess that I am years later, I have refined the art of tailgating into a glam get-together for both sexes to enjoy. Let’s face it: beer and junk food taste great together, but our waistlines don’t enjoy it so much. Instead of fatty fare opt for plentiful proteins, scrumptious sides, and delish desserts. When the menu offers less “finger foods” it is more likely you will become fuller faster and not sit, nosh, & put on the pounds. Instead of the standard meats – chicken, burgers, hotdogs – substitute for other wild animals and birds like quail, duck, and alligator.

Game day is all about noshing so here are some delish dishes to serve up to your guests:


{Bacon Wrapped Quail Egg}

 {BBQ Duck Spring Rolls}

{Gator Bites}

And since I have to represent my home team .. GO GIANTS! Everyone in Manhattan should order this display right now. Yes, those are all mini cupcakes!